India gold rose to Rs 29,250 per 10 grams on a firming global trend and seasonal demand
The trading sentiment in gold remained firm on demand for the ongoing marriage season and reports of the precious metal rebounding from one-month low overseas, as investors sought to protect their wealth against financial market turmoil driven by euro-zone debt crisis.
Gold in global markets, which normally sets the price trend on the domestic front, rose by 0.7 per cent to USD 1,688.25 an ounce in Singapore, after falling to its lowest level since October 25.
Shifting of funds to surging stock markets for quick gains further influenced the market sentiment.
However, silver remained under pressure on selling by stockists and industrial units refrained from purchasing and look for better opportunity amid weakening global trend.
Gold of 99.9 and 99.5 per cent purity gained Rs 10 each to Rs 29,250 and Rs 29,110 per ten gram. The metal had gained Rs 35 in the previous session. Sovereigns held steady at Rs 23,300 per piece of eight grams.
On the other hand, silver ready fell by Rs 250 to Rs 55,600 per kg, after falling Rs 550 yesterday. Silver weekly- based delivery lost Rs 125 to Rs 55,060 per kg. Silver coins continued to be asked at previous level of Rs 63,000 for buying and Rs 64,000 for selling of 100 pieces. – PTI
- Gold futures climbed Wednesday - May 9th, 2013
- Gold price in Hong Kong went up 122 HK dollars per tael on Thursday - May 9th, 2013
- BullionVault's Gold Investor Index climbed to a 16-month high - May 9th, 2013
- Gold to extend gain to $1,504-technicals - April 26th, 2013
- U.S. Mint suspends American Eagle gold bullion coins sales after demand surge - April 25th, 2013
- Is gold's price drop just the beginning? - April 25th, 2013
- Gold’s Declining Price Is a Reversion to the Mean - April 25th, 2013
- Gold prices maintained an upward trend for the fourth-straight day to Rs 27,600 per 10 grams - April 25th, 2013
Tags: Gold analysis, Gold future prices, Gold futures, Gold investment, Gold news, Gold price, gold price forecast, Gold prices, India gold, India gold price, price of gold, Spot gold, Spot gold price