World Gold Council offers 6% off on gold coins to celebrate Akshaya Tritiya
The World Gold Council on Thursday announced that it is working in partnership with India Post and Reliance Money to celebrate the festival ofAkshaya Tritiya, by offering consumers a special discount of 6% on the purchase of gold coins fromIndia Post offices.
Starting from April 19 until June 30, consumers can purchase 99.9% pure, Swiss-manufactured gold coins in denominations of 1 gram, 5 gram, 8 gram, 10 gram, 20 gram and 50 gram from a network of 980 India Post outlets across the country. Akshaya Tritiya, one of the most important festivals in the Indian calendar, falls on April 24 this year.
Commenting on the gold coin promotion, Ajay Mitra, managing director (India and Middle East) WGC, said: “The traditional and cultural appeal of gold, combined with its strong fundamentals, means the precious metal remains central to Indian households’ long-term investment strategies, and never more so than during the festival of Akshaya Tritiya. In fact, during 2011, Indian households continued to turn to gold as a store of wealth, with gold now accounting for 7% of household savings.”
“One of the WGC’s primary objectives in India has been to make pure gold accessible to all segments across the country, as we believe in the long-term value of gold as an integral part of a savings portfolio. India Post’s extensive network, combined with its credible and trust-worthy brand, means it is the perfect partner for such an initiative, and we look forward to working together for many years to come,” Mitra added.
- Gold futures climbed Wednesday - May 9th, 2013
- Gold price in Hong Kong went up 122 HK dollars per tael on Thursday - May 9th, 2013
- BullionVault's Gold Investor Index climbed to a 16-month high - May 9th, 2013
- Gold to extend gain to $1,504-technicals - April 26th, 2013
- U.S. Mint suspends American Eagle gold bullion coins sales after demand surge - April 25th, 2013
- Is gold's price drop just the beginning? - April 25th, 2013
- Gold’s Declining Price Is a Reversion to the Mean - April 25th, 2013
- Gold prices maintained an upward trend for the fourth-straight day to Rs 27,600 per 10 grams - April 25th, 2013